1. Once you get accepted at a university, PLAN. Grab your curriculum and list which subjects you should take for the next 4-5 years. Have a notebook/excel file where you can write your academic goals.
2. BUILD RELATIONSHIPS. It’s very important for you to make friends, especially with upperclassmen and professors because these are the people who can guide you throughout college.
3. During org recruitment week, RESEARCH & APPLY. Campus involvement is strongly valued by future employers and starting as early as freshman year will provide you a lot of opportunities come junior or senior year.
4. STEP-UP. Whether it’s an academic requirement or an org project, always remember to be proactive - step up and go the extra mile!
5. My last tip is to always look for ways to GROW. Read books, take internships (http://internqueen.com), etc… don’t allow yourself to be stagnant because you’ll only regret it later on ;)